2010年1月27日水曜日

My #2 presentation



PAL

Purpose -To introduce my classmates what this meditation is and to enable them to practice it. Another purpose is just to make them laugh.

Audience - My teacher Mark and the 8 classmates in the Advanced English class.

Logistics - 5 minutes limit + short Q&A with my slides.


MY GOALS

1.Preparation/Rehearsal
I would like to write some words to remind me what I have to say next. Usually, I do not use the script especially in Japanese but I found that I sometimes tend to forget what I am going to say in English.

2.Content/Overall Impression
My topic sounds a little weired for many people so I want them to rethink the value of the meditation.

3.Voice
Calm, calm, calm. When I am excited, I often speak so fast. I really want to avoid it in this presentation.

4.Body Language
I just want to concentrate on to standing straight. I read a book about the tactics to make a good presentation and the author says in that book that standing straight is the most important thing to do.

5.Visuals
I would like to use funny, impressive, a little weird pictures in order to get attentions.

8 件のコメント:

  1. Things I liked!:
    - Nice and funny images...! Did you actually let the audience try?

    Suggestions:
    - It would be nice if you knew the effects and reason why people do this kind of Meditation so that your presentation becomes more related and meaningful to the audience.

    (comments based only on the slides)

    返信削除
  2. I liked your choice of visuals so much! Sorry for laughing so hard while you were presenting. I would love to experience this meditation in kyoto.

    Suggestions: You could have introduced some useful effects and/or importance of doing this instead of saying "I don't know" ( though I laught sooo much here).

    返信削除
  3. I liked that we could actually try meditation although it was really a short time!haha It is so interenting that I actually want to try for longer time.

    Suggestions: I wanted to hear what changed you by doing meditation. It would have been interesting to me if you could connect the effects of meditationa and your everyday life.

    返信削除
  4. God it was hilarious, sho!! lol maybe it was the funniest presentation I ever watched!! I loved the images you used where it said "I don't know!"

    suggestions: maybe it could at least have one goal for the meditation, not doing it for no purpose. Maybe like to relax or feel better or something? I don't know! lol

    返信削除
  5. Overall Impression:
    Humorous throughout the presentation. It caught out attention and kept us interested until the end.
    Suggestions:
    Try finding out why people do these kinds of meditations.

    返信削除
  6. Very entertaining and I thought you have interacted well with the audience to catch their attention! It was a very unique and interesting topic!

    Suggestions*
    I was really interested in knowing more information about the meditation, however the activity was really fun...! Maybe include a little bit more info about the topic!!!but overll I really liked it!

    返信削除
  7. Very interesting presentation with making people involved. I actually liked the part you said you don't know the meaning of this presentation.

    Suggestions:
    I think you can relax and talk smoothly on the QnA part

    返信削除
  8. Things I liked:
    new and interesting content for us all:)

    Suggestions:
    It could be better if you add more information of how it was born and how people do it in their daily life.

    返信削除